Monday, May 30, 2011

Ode To Russell Crowe


Russell Russell the masculine,
A rugby team and an Oscar win.
The projection of your soulful eyes,
Fills the theater with my sighs.

My popcorn bucket catches my drool,
My sweater shrinks from your heat (it’s made of wool.)
Wool comes from New Zealand and so do you,
We have a T-rex, her name is Sue.

First saw you as the menacing Hando,
I knew right away you were as good as Brando.
A few years later you showed your might,
As a badass policeman named Bud White.

Sigh, sigh, sigh and sigh again,
Did Australia always export such manly men?
The Insider showed what I already knew,
You had the chops to be one of the true
Actors of the modern age,
Do you know what happened to Nicolas Cage?

I joke, I kid, I love Kal-El’s dad
He did Leaving Las Vegas, it was sad.
But you were a Gladiator and took home the gold,
The second you showed up on screen, I was sold.
Then Denzel took away your 2 in a row,
But damn he was psycho as Alonzo.

A Master and Commander and a Cinderella Man,
Solidified my hobby as your loyal fan.
Then Robin Hood and your chemistry with Cate,
Made me want to master…er I mean see Master and Commander again, right mate?
I’ll keep watching as long as you act,
And that my friend is a matter of fact.

5 comments: